Posture and Pain
Gravity takes a toll on our bodies every day, constantly straining our structure and slowly dragging our body into misalignment. This problem is usually not noticed (or perhaps is even considered to be normal) until some sports activity or physical labor aggravates the problem enough to cause persistent pain. The result is a trip to the doctor. Since muscle imbalances are the most common cause of misalignment, massage therapy is clearly the most effective form of treatment.
In this fast-paced four hour class, you will learn all about postural distortions from the serious (Scoliosis, Lordosis, Kyphosis) to the everyday distortions that cause subtle but lingering pain. You will learn about how and why massage therapy works to treat these conditions and how to educate physicians and patients about this as well.
A key part of this class will be learning to perform "body reading" an identification of postural misalignment in patients (or potential patients), with just a brief visual scan. The class will be broken up into small groups where participants, at their option, can be evaluated for misalignments themselves.
In this class students will:
- Learn primary goals of medical massage including unconstrict muscle, be mindful of fascia and initiate diffusion;
- Understand what connective tissue and fascia is and how dysfunction can lead to pain;
- Discuss key dermatomes, learn about multiple types of pain;
- Review anatomical planes and movements of the spine in relation to postural analysis;
- Learn to view key points of the body, in various planes, from an anterior view, a posterior view and a lateral view;
- Learn to differentiate between favored posture and deviations; ideal alignment and deviations and understand Upper and Lower Cross (Janda) Syndromes;
- Leave the class with multiple “tools” to use in session analysis including SOAP notes, visual assessment, knowledge of biomechanics, palpatory skills, muscle and ROM testing, historical notes, etc.
Days and Times
This class is also offered at Las Vegas Success School, on Costa Rica Education Vacations and on various Seminars at Sea. Days and times may vary based on the event.
4 live, hands-on, NCBTMB approved continuing credit hours are offered.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Las Vegas, NV - June 5, 2024 This class is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday from 1:30pm-5:30pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: The LINQ Hotel, 3535 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block web link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMT4, Reservation Center #800-223-7277 - group code:SQLMT4. A $15 per person/per day massage table fee has been included in the price of this tuition. If you are able to bring a table and wish to opt out of this fee, please do so on this page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/lvssjune2024 prior to checking out. Course manuals will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to login to your student portal at the time of class. Login credentials will be provided a week to ten days before class.