In this class, you will learn to provide a full body therapeutic treatment where you will work on your clients in warm water. This is a deeply relaxing treatment that has therapeutic benefits including increased mobility, stress relief, decreased pain levels and an overall state of well-being.The therapist will also benefit from the environment and the mindfullness of the service.
In this class:
- You will learn the science and history of aquatic bodywork and how it affects multiple levels of healing.
- You will understand basics of water safety as it applies to an aquatic bodywork protocol.
- You will learn about the indications and contraindications of working with clients in an aquatic setting.
- You will learn various methods to support your clients while they are receiving this treatment.
- You will learn a basic full body routine to be able to incorporate this service into your practice immediately.
- You will learn various treatment protocols so you will be able to help clients with specific conditions.
This is series is currently offered as part of our Adventure Learning program at Pura Vida in Costa Rica where students will have access to a dedicated aquatic facility specifically suited to the needs of this class.
This course offers 30 contact continuing credit hours for National Certification and in the State of Florida.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.