Day of the Neck
The majority of the medical massage patient's pain complaints are from the neck and back region. In this class, we focus intensively and exclusively on the neck. In this class, you will learn the neuromuscular and myofascial techniques that the instructors use in their pain clinics to achieve an incredible 90% recovery rate. You will learn how to effectively assess and treat:
- Cervical Strain
- ROM Limitations
- and much, much more!
In this class, students will:
- Review the chemical and mechanical processes of the pain mechanism of soft tissue injury;
- Be able to identify the systemic effects of injury;
- Recognize an erythemic response;
- Learn and practice techniques to reverse soft tissue injury;
- Recognize healing crisis vs pathologies;
- Understand the duration and frequency of treatments for medical massage;
- Explain post treatment care and follow up care;
- Learn indications and contraindications for using medical massage protocols to treat conditions of the cervical spine and know when and when not to utilize learned techniques;
- Learn, practice and experience location of bony landmarks and muscles;
- Learn, practice and experience multiple treatment protocols relating to the neck.
This class is one of six classes that is required to earn your Certificate of Completion from our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Professional Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in the Insurance/Day of the Back Series.
Days and Times
This class typically takes place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm.
This class offers 8 live, contact hour credits for massage therapy continuing education.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Fort Lauderdale, FL - July 23, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Doubletree by Hilton, 100 Fariway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, #954-427-7700.
Nashville, TN - July 23, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Sorry, class closed.
Atlanta, GA - July 30, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Holiday Inn Express, 4601 Best Road, College Park, GA 30337, #404-761-6500.
Charlotte, NC - July 30, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, 4238 Business Center Drive, Charlotte, NC 28214, #704-594-1550.
Orlando, FL - August 9, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Tuesday from 8:30am-5pm. Seminar Location: Element Orlando, 8278 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, #407-352-2225. Students are expected to bring massage tables and sheets at the time of class. A table rental fee may be charged to students unable to bring a massage table.
Seattle, WA - September 22, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Thursday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Airport/28th Ave., 18850 28th Ave South, SeaTac, WA 98188, #206-244-5044.