Myofascial Release - Upper Body
This Upper Body Myofascial Release class will train massage practitioners in specifically how to manipulate and "unglue" fascia, including scar tissue adhesions. Participants will become proficient in the application of myofascial release throughout the upper body. Students will understand the indications and contraindications of MFR, will learn to identify restrictions and we'll discuss adjustment of treatments based on different scenarios. Students will fine-tune their understanding of human anatomy and learn how and where restrictions occur and how to address that. Applicable documentation along with billing codes and how to use them will be covered.
In this class, students will:
- Learn the functions of fascia and their properties.
- Identify scar tissue's effects on fascia and unravel it.
- Understand the indications and contraindications of Myofascial Release.
- Learn billing and CPT codes associated with MFR.
- Learn to treat the upper extremity, including the fingers hands wrists, forearms and upper arms with MFR.
- Learn to treat the shoulders, neck and back with MFR.
- Learn to treat the chest and abdomen with MFR.
- Learn to treat the temporomandibular joint with intra-oral MFR techniques.
- Identify restrictions in their upper body before they practice Upper Body techniques
- Experience the difference in your own body after MFR has been applied.
- Demonstrate proper body alignment while administering MFR.
- Explain how to adjust MFR treatment when met with certain patient scenarios and show how to treat clients for a variety of scenarios, with the most appropriate techniques
This course offers 16 live, hands-on NCBTMB approved continuing education hours.
Meet Your Instructor:
Las Vegas, NV - June 20-21, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Monday and Tuesday from 9am-5pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: The Flamingo Las Vegas, 3555 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109, Room block link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SFLMT2, Reservation Center #888-373-9855. A $15 per person/per day massage table rental has been included in the price of this tuition. If you are able to bring a table and wish to opt-out of this fee, please do so on this page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/LVSSJune2022 before you check out.