Myofascial Release - Upper Body
This Upper Body Myofascial Release class will train massage practitioners in specifically how to manipulate and "unglue" fascia, including scar tissue adhesions. Participants will become proficient in the application of myofascial release throughout the upper body. Students will understand the indications and contraindications of MFR, will learn to identify restrictions and we'll discuss adjustment of treatments based on different scenarios. Students will fine-tune their understanding of human anatomy and learn how and where restrictions occur and how to address that. Applicable documentation along with billing codes and how to use them will be covered.
In this class, students will:
- Learn the functions of fascia and their properties.
- Identify scar tissue's effects on fascia and unravel it.
- Understand the indications and contraindications of Myofascial Release.
- Learn billing and CPT codes associated with MFR.
- Learn to treat the upper extremity, including the fingers hands wrists, forearms and upper arms with MFR.
- Learn to treat the shoulders, neck and back with MFR.
- Learn to treat the chest and abdomen with MFR.
- Learn to treat the temporomandibular joint with intra-oral MFR techniques.
- Identify restrictions in their upper body before they practice Upper Body techniques
- Experience the difference in your own body after MFR has been applied.
- Demonstrate proper body alignment while administering MFR.
- Explain how to adjust MFR treatment when met with certain patient scenarios and show how to treat clients for a variety of scenarios, with the most appropriate techniques
This course offers 16 live, hands-on NCBTMB approved continuing education hours.
Meet Your Instructor:
Additional classes will be added shortly.
Pittsburgh, PA - January 14-15, 2023 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday and Sunday from 8am-5pm. Location: To Be Announced. Course materials will be provided in a digital format. Printed manuals will be available for purchase at the time of the class.