Myofascial Release - Lower Body
This Lower Body Myofascial Release class will train massage practitioners in specifically how to manipulate and "unglue" fascia, including scar tissue adhesions. Participants will become proficient in the application of myofascial release throughout the lower body. Students will understand the indications and contraindications of MFR, will learn to identify restrictions and we'll discuss adjustment of treatments based on different scenarios. Students will fine-tune their understanding of human anatomy and learn how and where restrictions occur and how to address that. Applicable documentation along with billing codes and how to use them will be covered.
In this class, students will:
- Learn the functions of fascia and their properties.
- Identify scar tissue's effects on fascia and unravel it.
- Understand the indications and contraindications of Myofascial Release.
- Learn billing and CPT codes associated with MFR.
- Learn to treat the toes, feet and ankles.
- Learn to treat the legs and thighs.
- Learn to treat the hips and hip flexors.
- Explain the difference between MRF and massage strokes.
- Identify restrictions in their upper body before they practice lower body techniques
- Experience the difference in your own body after MFR has been applied.
- Demonstrate proper body alignment while administering MFR.
- Explain how to adjust MFR treatment when met with certain patient scenarios and show how to treat clients for a variety of scenarios, with the most appropriate techniques
This course offers 16 live, hands-on NCBTMB approved continuing education hours.
MEET YOUR TEACHER:
Pittsburgh, PA - April 29-30, 2023 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday and Sunday from 8am-5pm. All course materials will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to login to your student portal at the time of class. Portal credentials will be provided one week before class to the email that you signed up for class under. Location: To Be Announced