Myofascial Release - Series
This Upper Body and Lower Body Myofascial Release Series will train massage practitioners in specifically how to manipulate and "unglue" fascia, including scar tissue adhesions. Participants will become proficient in the application of myofascial release throughout the upper body. Students will understand the indications and contraindications of MFR, will learn to identify restrictions and we'll discuss adjustment of treatments based on different scenarios. Students will fine-tune their understanding of human anatomy and learn how and where restrictions occur and how to address that. Applicable documentation along with billing codes and how to use them will be covered.
In this class, students will:
- Learn the functions of fascia and their properties.
- Identify scar tissue's effects on fascia and unravel it.
- Understand the indications and contraindications of Myofascial Release.
- Learn billing and CPT codes associated with MFR.
- Learn to treat the upper extremity, including the fingers hands wrists, forearms and upper arms with MFR.
- Learn to treat the shoulders, neck and back with MFR.
- Learn to treat the chest and abdomen with MFR.
- Learn to treat the temporomandibular joint with intra-oral MFR techniques.
- Learn to treat the toes, feet and ankles.
- Learn to treat the legs and thighs.
- Learn to treat the hips and hip flexors.
- Explain the difference between MRF and massage strokes.
- Identify restrictions in their upper and lower body before you practice techniques.
- Experience the difference in your own body after MFR has been applied.
- Demonstrate proper body alignment while administering MFR.
- Explain how to adjust MFR treatment when met with certain patient scenarios and show how to treat clients for a variety of scenarios, with the most appropriate techniques.
This series of courses takes place over two weekends. Each weekend course offers 16 live, hands-on NCBTMB approved continuing education hours, for a total of 32 hours.
Meet Your Instructor:
Additional classes will be added shortly.
Las Vegas, NV -June 3-4, 2024 and June 6-7, 2024 This series is scheduled to take place on a Monday and Tuesday and a Thursday and Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: The LINQ Hotel, 3535 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block web link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMT4, Reservation Center #800-223-7277 - group code: SQLMT4. A $15 per person/per day massage table fee has been included in the price of this tuition. If you can bring a table and wish to opt out of this fee, please do so on this page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/lvssjune2024 before checking out. Course manuals will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to log in to your student portal at the time of class. Login credentials will be provided a week to ten days before class.