Myofascial Release - Series
This Upper Body and Lower Body Myofascial Release Series will train massage practitioners in specifically how to manipulate and "unglue" fascia, including scar tissue adhesions. Participants will become proficient in the application of myofascial release throughout the upper body. Students will understand the indications and contraindications of MFR, will learn to identify restrictions and we'll discuss adjustment of treatments based on different scenarios. Students will fine-tune their understanding of human anatomy and learn how and where restrictions occur and how to address that. Applicable documentation along with billing codes and how to use them will be covered.
In this class, students will:
- Learn the functions of fascia and their properties.
- Identify scar tissue's effects on fascia and unravel it.
- Understand the indications and contraindications of Myofascial Release.
- Learn billing and CPT codes associated with MFR.
- Learn to treat the upper extremity, including the fingers hands wrists, forearms and upper arms with MFR.
- Learn to treat the shoulders, neck and back with MFR.
- Learn to treat the chest and abdomen with MFR.
- Learn to treat the temporomandibular joint with intra-oral MFR techniques.
- Learn to treat the toes, feet and ankles.
- Learn to treat the legs and thighs.
- Learn to treat the hips and hip flexors.
- Explain the difference between MRF and massage strokes.
- Identify restrictions in their upper and lower body before you practice techniques.
- Experience the difference in your own body after MFR has been applied.
- Demonstrate proper body alignment while administering MFR.
- Explain how to adjust MFR treatment when met with certain patient scenarios and show how to treat clients for a variety of scenarios, with the most appropriate techniques.
This series of courses takes place over two weekends. Each weekend course offers 16 live, hands-on NCBTMB approved continuing education hours, for a total of 32 hours.
There is a $55 discounted tuition available for students enrolling in this series of Myofascial Release Series of classes which includes MFR for the Upper Body and MFR for the Lower Body.
Meet Your Instructor:
Pittsburgh, PA - January 14-15, 2023 and April 29-30, 2023 This series of classes is scheduled to take place over two weekends on a Saturday and Sunday from 8am-5pm. All course materials will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to login to your student portal at the time of class. Portal credentials will be provided one week before class to the email that you signed up for class under. Location for Upper: Homewood Suites by Hilton, Pittsburgh Airport/Robinson Mall, 2000 GSK Drive, Moon Township, PA 15106, #412-490-0440. Location for Lower To Be Announced