In this continuing education seminar, you will learn specific techniques to correct postural misalignments of the lower extremity including:
- Shin Splints
- Plantar Fascitis
- and much, much more!
Upon completion of this class students will:
- Understand the indications and contraindications for applying medical massage protocols to the lower extremities and be able to explain when and when not to utilize learned techniques;
- Review the chemical and mechanical processes of the pain mechanism of soft tissue injury, be able to identify the systemic effects of injury, recognize an erythemic response and learn and practice techniques to reverse cyclic soft tissue injury;
- Recognize healing crisis vs pathologies;
- Understand duration and frequency of treatments for medical massage;
- Explain post treatment care and follow up care;
- Learn, practice and experience a thorough set of treatment methods and specific protocols to address conditions of the lower extremity.
This class is one of six classes that is required as core curriculum in our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Masters Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in a series of classes.
Days and Times
This class typically takes place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm.
This course offers 8 live, contact hour massage therapy continuing education credits.
Special Offer for Florida Therapists
This class is one of several classes that, when taken at a Florida location, are eligible for our Florida Therapist License Renewal Offer. Enroll in this class and you will receive an additional 12 hours of online home study which includes Florida Law, Ethics and Medical Errors, which are required for license renewal. All classes must be completed by August 31, 2019.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Denver, CO - July 10, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Airport, 6851 Tower Road, Denver, CO 80249, 303-576-9640.
Orlando, FL - August 12, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Friday from 8:30am-5pm. Seminar Location: Element Orlando, 8278 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, #407-352-2225. Students are expected to bring massage tables and sheets at the time of class. A table rental fee may be charged to students unable to bring a massage table.
Charlotte, NC -August 21, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, 4238 Business Center Drive, Charlotte, NC 28214, #704-594-1550.
Fort Lauderdale, FL - August 21, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Doubletree by Hilton, 100 Fariway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, #954-427-7700.
Atlanta, GA -August 28, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Holiday Inn Express, 4601 Best Road, College Park, GA 30337, #404-761-6500.
Nashville, TN - August 28, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Sorry, class closed.
Seattle, WA - September 25, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Airport/28th Ave., 18850 28th Ave South, SeaTac, WA 98188, #206-244-5044.