Intro to Hot Stone Massage
This course will present the basics of hot stone massage including history, benefits, contraindications, setup, and how to use and care for stones during massage therapy. Not only will learning how to safely use hot stone massage help you build your clientele and your list of services, but it will also extend the lifetime of your career by saving your hands from overuse.
Learning Objectives Upon Completing this Class:
• Students will understand the purpose and benefits of using hot stones for practitioners and clients.
• Students will be versed in the effects of heat on the body.
• Students will understand the precautions to take when using hot stones.
• Students will be able to state the indications and contraindications of working with hot stones.
• Students will understand the safety guidelines of hot stone massage.
• Students will learn how to select and set up equipment and stones.
• Students will view and work with various shapes and sizes of hot stones.
• Students will learn and practice a cleaning protocol for hot stones.
• Students will be versed in how to obtain and manage proper stone temperatures.
• Students will experience and demonstrate techniques and stone management for optimal flow during the massage.
• Students will learn about draping techniques and how to utilize hot stones on a client both clothed and draped.
• Students will view, practice and have an opportunity to receive a full body hot stone protocol.
Please bring a portable massage table if you are able to and a set of sheets.
Students should bring a starter set of stones to class to practice with. It is suggested that you have at least two 3.15-inch basalt stones to work with. There will be a limited supply of hot stones available at class for purchase.
Massage oil is used in this class, please no cream or lotions.
Optional - a heating pad approved for hot stones. (This is an example of a product that includes a heating pad and hot stones in a portable kit. This type of product is ideal for travel.)
Synergy stones will be demonstrated. A discount code will be available at the time of class.
The introductory version of this class offers 8 live, hands-on, NCBTMB-approved continuing education hours.
Seattle, WA - May 20, 2024 This class is scheduled to take place on a Monday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Please arrive 15-20 minutes early for attendance check and workspace set up. Seminar and Room Block Location: To be announced. Course manuals will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to log in to your student portal at the time of class. Login credentials will be provided a week to ten days before class.
Las Vegas, NV - June 5, 2024 This class is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday from 8:30am-5:30pm. Please bring a set of hot stones to practice with in class if you are able to. Varieties of hot stones will be available for purchase. Seminar and Room Block Location: The LINQ Hotel, 3535 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block web link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMT4, Reservation Center #800-223-7277 - group code:SQLMT4. A $15 per person/per day massage table fee has been included in the price of this tuition. If you are able to bring a table and wish to opt out of this fee, please do so on this page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/lvssjune2024 prior to checking out. Course manuals will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to login to your student portal at the time of class. Login credentials will be provided a week to ten days before class.