Intro to Lomi Lomi Massage
Course Description: Lomi means to knead or rub in a gentle manner. Lomi Lomi is the ancient Traditional massage of Hawaii that incorporates long, flowing, full-body massage strokes, breath work, prayer and intention, and natural elements to restore balance to the physical, mental and emotional body.
Practitioners use long, flowing, continuous strokes with the hands, forearms and elbows and delicately address organs and joints. Attention is put on working in a mindful and loving manner. This type of bodywork, once more of a shamanic ritual, has gained quite a bit of popularity across the world.
Learning Objectives Upon Completing this Class:
- Students will be able to discuss about Hawaiian spirituality and culture as it pertains to bodywork.
- Students will be able to compare and contrast Lomi Lomi massage compared to other modalities.
- Students will be able to explain the correct body mechanics involved in performing a Lomi Lomi routine.
- Students will experience breath work and understand why it is important for both therapist and client.
- Students will be able to explain the importance of prayer or setting their intention in Lomi Lomi.
- Students will understand emotional release as it pertains to Bodywork and how to hold space for clients experiencing emotional release.
- Students will understand Ho'oponopono the practice of forgiveness, and why it's important to Lomi Lomi.
- Students will have an understanding of how Lomi Lomi affects the organ systems of the body.
- Students will gain an understanding of how to incorporate energy work techniques into hands-on Bodywork practice.
- Students will experience how elements in nature can be utilized for self-care and incorporated into a Lomi Lomi session.
- Students will be able to explain the benefits of Lomi Lomi to their clients.
The introductory version of this class offers 8 live, hands-on, NCBTMB-approved continuing education hours.
Additional classes will be added shortly.