Day of the Neck
The majority of the medical massage patient's pain complaints are from the neck and back region. In this class, we focus intensively and exclusively on the neck. In this class, you will learn the neuromuscular and myofascial techniques that the instructors use in their pain clinics to achieve an incredible 90% recovery rate. You will learn how to effectively assess and treat:
- Cervical Strain
- ROM Limitations
- and much, much more!
In this class, students will:
- Review the chemical and mechanical processes of the pain mechanism of soft tissue injury;
- Be able to identify the systemic effects of injury;
- Recognize an erythemic response;
- Learn and practice techniques to reverse soft tissue injury;
- Recognize healing crisis vs pathologies;
- Understand the duration and frequency of treatments for medical massage;
- Explain post treatment care and follow up care;
- Learn indications and contraindications for using medical massage protocols to treat conditions of the cervical spine and know when and when not to utilize learned techniques;
- Learn, practice and experience location of bony landmarks and muscles;
- Learn, practice and experience multiple treatment protocols relating to the neck.
This class is one of six classes that is required to earn your Certificate of Completion from our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Professional Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in the Insurance/Day of the Back Series.
Days and Times
This class typically takes place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm.
This class offers 8 live, contact hour credits for massage therapy continuing education.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Raleigh, NC - September 25, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Wingate by Wyndham Raleigh Durham/Airport, 5223 Page Road, Durham, NC 27703, #919-941-2854
Orlando, FL - October 5, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Tuesday from 8:30am-5pm. This class is scheduled to take place at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Convention Center, 8214 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, #407-581-9001. A $12 per person per day massage table rental fee has been added to the price of the tuition. (If you are able to bring a massage table, please opt-out of this fee on the Orlando Success School page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/orlando) Our room block is at the Element by Westin, 8278 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, #407-352-2225.
San Antonio, TX - October 9, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: To Be Announced
Hartford, CT- October 16, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Hyatt House Hartford North/Windsor, 200 Corporate Drive, Windsor, CT 06095, #860-298-8000.
Charlotte, NC - November 6, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 1pm-8pm. Location: Wingate by Wyndham CLT Airport I-85/I-485, 4238 Business Center Drive, Charlotte, NC 28214, #704-395-3600.
Las Vegas, NV - December 7, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Tuesday from 8:30am-5pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: the LINQ Hotel & Experience, 3535 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMT1. A $12 per person, per day massage table fee has been included in the price of the tuition.