Keep your fingerprints on file with the State of Florida.
You may recall that a couple of renewal cycles ago Florida Massage Therapists had to get fingerprinted in order to renew their massage license. Here are some important facts that you should be aware of:
- Fingerprints are retained by Florida’s Care Provider Clearinghouse for a period of five years.
- Florida Statutes require the licensee (you) to pay a fee of $42 every five years in order to retain the fingerprints on file.
- If the retained fingerprints are not renewed by their expiration date they will not be retained and the licensee will be required to pay to be fingerprinted again in order to maintain a massage license in the State of Florida.
- The expiration date will vary based on when the fingerprints were initially submitted to the State of Florida.
- The State of Florida will contact you to provide you with information on how to renew your enrollment in the Clearinghouse and pay the retained print fee. This information will be sent to the address that is on file with the state.
- Visit the State of Florida, Department of Health for more on Fingerprint Retention Requirements.
- Remember to be on the lookout for notifications from the State of Florida and make sure to renew your Clearinghouse enrollment on time!