Sports Massage Workshop
The Sports Massage Workshop is a series of the Fundamentals (Intro to) Sports Massage and Advanced Sports Massage. These classes may be taken separately or as a series for discounted tuition. This is the series that you want to take if you are serious about developing a niche as a sports massage therapist.
Instructor, Paul Dunsdon's dynamic style and effective delivery of the course materials as well as the high quality, well-organized curriculum all but ensures you a rewarding experience that will allow you to successfully incorporate the newly learned techniques directly into your practice. These exceptional classes feature smaller class sizes affording students individualized attention.
Upon completion of the Fundamentals course, you will be able to:
- Define sports massage, and its subcategories of event, maintenance, & treatment massage.
- Describe how sports massage differs from other styles of massage.
- List the indications and contraindications of sports massage.
- List the goals of, and perform an effective pre-event, inter-event, & post-event massage
- List the goals of, and perform an effective maintenance massage
The Advanced Course Includes:
- Review of Anatomy, Physiology, and Kinesiology
- Effects of Sports Massage on Athletes
- Stretching and Muscle Energy Techniques (MET)
- Advanced Sports Massage Techniques
- Learn to recognize postural deviations and pain patterns through postural analysis
- General Acute Injury Evaluation
- Students will learn a practical application of a post-event protocol and begin to return range of motion (ROM) to within normal limits (WNL).
Approved by NCBTMB for 24 contact hours for massage therapy continuing education.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Las Vegas, NV - June 5-7, 2024 This series of classes is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30am-5:30pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: The LINQ Hotel, 3535 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block web link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMT4, Reservation Center #800-223-7277 - group code: SQLMT4. A $15 per person/per day massage table fee has been included in the price of this tuition. If you can bring a table and wish to opt out of this fee, please do so on this page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/lvssjune2024 before checking out. Course manuals will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to log in to your student portal at the time of class. Login credentials will be provided a week to ten days before class.