For years, your practice has been restricted to those clients who can afford your services. The knowledge gained in this seminar absolutely cracks your market wide open, allowing you to effectively treat thousands more people. You can learn proven strategies and techniques for insurance billing.
Upon completion of this class the student will:
- Differentiate between the various types of insurance, between participating and non-participating providers, learn how the insurance industry defines massage therapy and nuances of billing in licensed and unlicensed states;
- Understand conversion factors to determine billable recovery and about red flags and to avoid unethical billing;
- Learn procedures that can be billed for; the CPT codes associated with billable procedures and units in which services can be billed. Most importantly learn how to get paid quickly and in full;
- Learn to fill out CMS 1500 form, manually, via template and via software;
- Be able to replicate duplicate and learn importance of Release of Records, Assignment of Payments, Letter of Protection, Standard Disclosure and Acknowledgment Form, Patient Therapy Documentation and Insurance Claims forms;
- Be able to apply for an NPI;
- Learn about HIPPA laws;
- Understand how to accept a prescription and a letter of referral;
- Understand how to take a medical massage history/intake form appropriate to dealing with insurance billing and litigation matters including auto accidents and slip and fall cases and be able to fill out a Workers Compensation form;
- Learn the importance of verifying insurance, billing basics, necessary intake forms, working according to prescription, documenting work (SOAP notes) and the timelines and procedures for filing CMS 1500 claim forms.
And, you will get unlimited consultation and assistance with any of your claims for an entire year. You do not need to work in a medical office to do insurance billing. This course teaches you how to build an insurance-based practice in your own clinic, or even in a part-time out-call practice! This seminar can pay for itself with one hour of work! So don't miss out - Join the tens of thousands of graduates of this dynamic program!
This class is part of the core curriculum in our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Professional Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in the Insurance Billing / Day of Neck Series.
4 massage therapy non-contact hour continuing credits are offered for this class.
If you are serious about doing insurance billing, we recommend Island Software's Massage Office Professional 2016. This program will make medical massage office management a breeze!
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Chicago, IL - April 17, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: Comfort Inn O'Hare, 2175 E. Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60018, #847-635-1300
Dallas, TX - April 17, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location changed to Courtyard by Marriott, TownePlace Suites Grapevine, 2200 Bass Pro Court, Grapevine, TX 76051, #817-251-9095. *Limited space available. Online registration has been closed. Please call #954-596-1170 to enroll.
Philadelphia, PA - April 17, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport, 8600 Bartram Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19153, #215-966-1300.
Richmond, VA - April 24, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, 5996 Audubon Drive Sandston, VA 23150, #804-737-1600
Baltimore, MD - May 1, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: To Be Announced
Atlanta, GA - June 5, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: To Be Announced
Las Vegas, NV - June 9, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday from 8:30am-12:30pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: Flamingo Hotel & Resort, 3555 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, #702-733-3111. Room block: https://book.passkey.com/go/SFLMT1.