Foundations of Reflexology
Reflexology is a type of massage that works by applying varying amounts of pressure to specific points on the body with the intention of affecting organs and systems of the body associated with those areas or zones. Reflexology aims to keep the energy flowing through the body and may help to calm the central nervous system and promote relaxation. A thorough Reflexology treatment will leave the client with a heightened state of well-being while feeling deeply relaxed and stress-free. Once exposed to Reflexology, many clients prefer regular treatments to Swedish Massage and will enjoy including reflexology treatments in other services.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to immediately add this in-demand therapy to your treatment menu. Whether you work at a spa, a medical clinic or with private clients, you will definitely benefit from having the skills to provide reflexology treatments as a stand-alone service or as part of other treatments. Because this is a clothing-on treatment you are less limited as to where you can perform this service and it is a good way for someone who has never had a Swedish massage to "get their foot in the door."
Learning Objectives Upon Completing this Class:
The student will learn:
- Effective interview methods with appropriate documentation for a thorough client history.
- Contraindications to the application of Foot Reflexology.
- Anatomy and physiology of the foot and lower leg.
- Rehabilitative foot exercises and self-care exercises for the therapist.
- Zone and Reflex theory and the relationship of the reflex point on the feet to the health of the endocrine and organ systems.
- Reflexes to work for particular health problems in all the different systems of the body.
- Experience the use of hydrotherapy in treatments.
- Effective communication during the session to enhance the client's well-being.
- A complete treatment protocol with foot and body mapping will enable you to treat the entire body effectively. You will both give and receive this treatment!
- Learn about other therapies that work with reflexology.
- Learn a hand reflexology protocol.
- Discuss advanced methodologies to treat dysfunction of the lower extremity.
- Learn about foot patterns, orthotics and other information that can be learned from an examination of the feet.
- Understand gait points.
- Upon completion of this course, the LMT will feel confident in providing a complete Foot Reflexology treatment to clients.
The Foundations of Reflexology class offers 16 live, hands-on, NCBTMB-approved continuing education hours. Combine this with the Advanced Reflexology class by adding both classes to your shopping cart at the same time for a $55 discount on tuition.
Massage Therapists from the State of Georgia: please check with your state board to be sure that CE classes fall within the scope and practice of massage therapy in the State of Georgia.
Meet your teacher:
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. This special class fills up quickly!
Las Vegas, NV - December 4-5, 2023 This class is scheduled to take place on a Monday and Tuesday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: The LINQ Hotel, 3535 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block web link: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMD3, Reservation Center #800-223-7277 - group code: SQLMD3. A $15 per person/per day fee, representing a shared massage table expense, has been included in the price of this tuition. If you are able to bring a table and wish to opt out of this fee, please do so on this page: https://www.lmtsuccessgroup.com/LVSSDec2023 prior to checking out. All course materials will be provided in a digital format. Please be prepared to log in to your student portal at the time of class. Credentials will be provided a week to ten days before class.