NMT for TMJ
Many dentists are seeking professionals specifically trained in intraoral manual therapy applications for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction. The techniques taught throughout this course have a high rate of TMD resolution that many oral doctors look for.
This is a deep therapeutic application to the neck, shoulders, intra-oral, cranial and extraocular muscles. It is designed to utilize the mechanical and physiological processes of the musculoskeletal system to correct and rehabilitate injured, traumatized or fatigued or overused muscles of these areas. It will help a client/patient to manage pain and increase quality and well being. This class is 8 hours of massage continuing education hours.
Learner Objectives - After taking this class, the student will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of neuromuscular physiology.
- Recognize specific muscular and biomechanical dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint and surrounding supportive structures.
- Understand the mechanics of TMJ and postural dynamics that influence the joint.
- Apply the appropriate techniques to the involved areas to regain homeostasis and proper biomechanical functioning of the involved musculature.
- Recognize and deduce problematic areas and risks associated with TMD.
- Understand and name specific muscles being treated, including origin, insertion, actions, the bones and their landmarks so treatment to these areas can maximize biomechanical functions.
- Recognize indications and contraindications for the affected areas.
- Self-care for TMJ.
-Lecture -Manuals -Charts -Hand-outs -Demonstration -Practical Exchange Review
Education Vacation Opportunities
(Both classes must be placed in the cart during checkout. Discount will automatically be applied.)
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Dallas, TX - April 10, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 9 am - 5 pm Central Time. This is a hybrid in-person and webinar class. You have chosen to enroll in the in-person format. This class will take place at Advanced Massage and Bodywork, 218 E. Dallas Road, Suite 201, Grapevine, TX 76051, #817-251-9790.
Webinar - NMT for TMJ - April 10, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 9 am - 5 pm Central Time. This is a hybrid in-person and webinar class. You have chosen to enroll in webinar format. You must have an internet-connected device to attend this webinar. We strongly suggest having a person available during the course to practice hands-on protocols on. Additional details for attending this class
Las Vegas, NV - June 9, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday from 9am-5pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: Flamingo Hotel & Resort, 3555 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, #702-733-3111. Room block: https://book.passkey.com/go/SFLMT1. A $12 per person, per day massage table fee has been included in the price of the tuition.