Advanced Medical Massage
This class has been designed for previous medical massage students who want more emphasis on understanding the concept of whole body alignment and the role structural dysfunction plays in developing painful musculoskeletal problems. By observing and understanding these dysfunctions and imbalances, the therapist can obtain immediate results for the client with less strain on the therapist's body. We help fine-tune charting skills and physician reporting. Students will be provided with a business checklist and given feedback on their marketing material.
- In this class, you will learn muscle testing techniques to pinpoint weaknesses and identify muscle imbalances that normally do not show up on a postural evaluation or when typical postural dysfunctions patterns are not present.
- You will then learn specific techniques to immediately get results with minimal strain on you, the therapist.
- You will learn about spinal dysfunction and paraspinal treatment, treatment of the core stabilizers, pelvic floor and accessory muscles, hallucis stability.
- You will learn advanced assessment techniques.
- Dermatomes, cutanerous nerves, visceral pain patterns.
- You will work on charting and reporting skills.
- Learn business building skills such as how to build a brand, obtain physician referrals and have condifence in medical massge.
- Time will be designated to strategies to build and sustain a successful medical massage practice based upon referral and repeat business.
Prerequisite: Experience or training as a Medical Massage Practitioner from our program or a similar program (please call #800-201-2247 for approval).
Recommended Reading: We strongly encourage students to purchase "Ortho Notes: Clinical Examination Pocket Guide" by Dawn Gulick. (This is available from Amazon or a variety of other sources.) This is a top resource for assessment and testing. You will be using this resource in class and in your practice.
This course offers 16 contact continuing credit hours for National Certification and for credit in the State of Texas.
Webinar: This course is approved for 12 hours by NCBTMB as a live, distance learning course. Students will receive the same curriculum as the full course, however, less time will be allotted to changing partners.
Education Vacation Opportunities
This course is also being offered as part of our Massage Education Vacation offering at Las Vegas Success School.
LAS VEGAS SUCCESS SCHOOL - SPECIAL OFFER
(Both classes must be placed in the cart during checkout. Discount will automatically be applied.)
Meet Your Teacher & Testimonials:
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Boston, MA - October 30-31, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday and Sunday from 9am-5pm. Location: La Quinta Inns and Suites Boston/Andover, 131 River Road, Andover, MA 01810, #978-685-6200.
Las Vegas, NV - December 6-7, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Monday and Tuesday from 9am-5pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: the LINQ Hotel & Experience, 3535 Las Vegas Blvd South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. Room block: https://book.passkey.com/go/SQLMT1. A $12 per person, per day massage table fee has been included in the price of the tuition.
Webinar - Advanced Medical Massage - March 19-20, 2022 This series of classes is scheduled to take place on a Saturday and Sunday from 11am-5pm Central. You must have an internet-connected device to attend this webinar. We strongly suggest having a person available during the course to practice hands-on protocols on. Webinar login instructions will be emailed the week of the class.