Day of the Back
The majority of medical massage patients pain complaints relate to the neck and back regions. In this continuing education class, we focus intensively and exclusively on the back. You will learn neuromuscular and myofascial techniques that our instructors use in their own pain clinics to achieve an incredible 90% rate of recovery! You will learn to effectively assess and treat:
- Pelvic Tilt
- Post-Op Back Surgery
- and much, much more!
In this class, students will:
- Review the chemical and mechanical processes of the pain mechanism of soft tissue injury;
- Be able to identify the systemic effects of injury;
- Recognize an erythemic response;
- Learn and practice techniques to reverse soft tissue injury;
- Recognize healing crisis vs pathologies;
- Understand the duration and frequency of treatments for medical massage;
- Explain post treatment care and follow up care;
- Learn indications and contraindications for using medical massage protocols to treat conditions of the spine and know when and when not to utilize learned techniques.
- Learn, practice and experience multiple treatment protocols relating to the back.
This class is one of six classes that is required to earn your Certificate of Completion of our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Professional Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in a series or the entire program.
Days and Times
This class typically takes place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm.
This course offers 8 live, supervised, contact hour massage therapy continuing education hours.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Fort Lauderdale, FL - July 24, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Doubletree by Hilton, 100 Fariway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, #954-427-7700.
Nashville, TN - July 24, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Sorry, class closed.
Atlanta, GA - July 31, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Holiday Inn Express, 4601 Best Road, College Park, GA 30337, #404-761-6500.
Charlotte, NC - July 31, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, 4238 Business Center Drive, Charlotte, NC 28214, #704-594-1550.
Orlando, FL - August 8, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Monday from 8:30am-5pm. Seminar Location: Element Orlando, 8278 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, #407-352-2225. Students are expected to bring massage tables and sheets at the time of class. A table rental fee may be charged to students unable to bring a massage table.
Seattle, WA -September 23, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Friday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Airport/28th Ave., 18850 28th Ave South, SeaTac, WA 98188, #206-244-5044.