Intro to Stretch Therapy
This live, hands-on workshop designed for massage therapists to be able to work with a variety of clients. This class is taught as a clothing-on routine, so no need to disrobe. The protocols will be taught using a massage table, however, instructions will be provided to enable the therapist to work on a mat or a bench for certain stretches. In this class you will:
- Learn the history, science and debate about stretching including what the current research says.
- Learn when and when not to use stretching in your massage routine.
- Understand the basic terms to be able to discuss client care with a team of complementary practitioners, if appropriate.
- Understand different methodologies of stretching such as Active Assisted Stretch, Active Isolated Stretch (AIS), Muscle Energy Technique (MET), Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) and Facilitated Stretching.
- Review anatomy, physiology, and movement patterns of the joints of the body to be able to do a functional assessment on your client.
- Develop the ability to provide treatment protocols to your clients, as needed, for the entire body.
- Learn options for working with special populations and complicated conditions.
- Practice explaining this treatment to your current client base and learn marketing techniques to expand your market.
Students will leave this seminar with confidence in their ability to perform a full-body stretching protocols on a diverse client base.
How many continuing education hours are offered for this class?
This class is offered as a part of our Florida Renewal Year special as a 12-hour hands-on class that can be completed in a single day. Classes start at 8 am.
Florida and Georgia therapists who take this class will receive an additional 12 hours in online home study hours including all of the Required Classes for no extra charge!
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class.
These classes have been selling out quickly!
Additional classes will be added shortly.
Webinar - Intro to Stretch Therapy - April 24-25, 2023 This class is scheduled to take place on Monday and Tuesday from 11 am - 5 pm Central Time. You must have an internet-connected device to attend this webinar. We strongly suggest having a person available during the course to practice hands-on protocols on. Webinar login instructions will be emailed the week of the class.