NMT for TMJ
This is a deep therapeutic application to the neck, shoulders, intra-oral, cranial and extraoccular muscles. It is designed to utilize mechanical and physiological processes of the musculoskeletal system to correct and rehabilitate injured, traumatized or fatigued or over used muscles of these areas. It will help a client/patient manage pain and increase quality and well being. This class is 8 hours of massage continuing education hours.
The student will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of neuromuscular physiology.
- Recognize specific muscular and biomechanical dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint and surrounding supportive structures.
- Apply the appropriate techniques to the involved areas to regain homeostasis and proper biomechanical functioning of the involved musculature.
- Recognize and deduce problematic areas.
- Understand and name specific muscles being treated, including origin, insertion, actions, the bones and their landmarks so treatment to these areas can maximize biomechanical functions.
- Recognize indications and contraindications for the affected areas.
-Lecture -Manuals -Charts -Hand-outs -Demonstration -Practical Exchange Review
Education Vacation Opportunities
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Las Vegas, NV - June 27, 2018 This class is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday from 9am-5pm.
Seminar and Room Block Location: Flamingo Hotel & Resort, 3555 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, #702-733-3111. A $10 per person, per day table rental fee has been included in the tuition.