For years, your practice has been restricted to those clients who can afford your services. The knowledge gained in this seminar absolutely cracks your market wide open, allowing you to effectively treat thousands more people. You can learn proven strategies and techniques for insurance billing.
Upon completion of this class the student will:
- Differentiate between the various types of insurance, between participating and non-participating providers, learn how the insurance industry defines massage therapy and nuances of billing in licensed and unlicensed states;
- Understand conversion factors to determine billable recovery and about red flags and to avoid unethical billing;
- Learn procedures that can be billed for; the CPT codes associated with billable procedures and units in which services can be billed. Most importantly learn how to get paid quickly and in full;
- Learn to fill out CMS 1500 form, manually, via template and via software;
- Be able to replicate duplicate and learn the importance of Release of Records, Assignment of Payments, Letter of Protection, Standard Disclosure and Acknowledgment Form, Patient Therapy Documentation and Insurance Claims forms;
- Be able to apply for an NPI;
- Learn about HIPAA laws;
- Understand how to accept a prescription and a letter of referral;
- Understand how to take a medical massage history/intake form appropriate to dealing with insurance billing and litigation matters including auto accidents and slip and fall cases and be able to fill out a Workers Compensation form;
- Learn the importance of verifying insurance, billing basics, necessary intake forms, working according to prescription, documenting work (SOAP notes) and the timelines and procedures for filing CMS 1500 claim forms.
And, you will get unlimited consultation and assistance with any of your claims for an entire year. You do not need to work in a medical office to do insurance billing. This course teaches you how to build an insurance-based practice in your own clinic, or even in a part-time out-call practice! This seminar can pay for itself with one hour of work! So don't miss out - Join the tens of thousands of graduates of this dynamic program!
This class is part of the core curriculum in our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Professional Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in the Insurance Billing / Day of Neck Series.
4 massage therapy non-contact hour continuing credits are offered for this class.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Fort Lauderdale, FL - July 23, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: Doubletree by Hilton, 100 Fariway Drive, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, #954-427-7700.
Nashville, TN - July 23, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Sorry, class closed.
Atlanta, GA - July 30, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: Holiday Inn Express, 4601 Best Road, College Park, GA 30337, #404-761-6500.
Charlotte, NC - July 30, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Saturday from 8am-12noon. Location: Wingate by Wyndham Charlotte Airport, 4238 Business Center Drive, Charlotte, NC 28214, #704-594-1550.
Orlando, FL - August 10, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Wednesday from 8:30am-12:30pm. Seminar Location: Element Orlando, 8278 Universal Blvd., Orlando, FL 32819, #407-352-2225. Students are expected to bring massage tables and sheets at the time of class. A table rental fee may be charged to students unable to bring a massage table.
Seattle, WA - September 22, 2022 This class is scheduled to take place on a Thursday from 8am-12noon. Location: Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Airport/28th Ave., 18850 28th Ave South, SeaTac, WA 98188, #206-244-5044.