In this continuing education seminar, you will learn specific techniques to correct postural misalignments of the lower extremity including:
- Shin Splints
- Plantar Fascitis
- and much, much more!
Upon completion of this class students will:
- Understand the indications and contraindications for applying medical massage protocols to the lower extremities and be able to explain when and when not to utilize learned techniques;
- Review the chemical and mechanical processes of the pain mechanism of soft tissue injury, be able to identify the systemic effects of injury, recognize an erythemic response and learn and practice techniques to reverse cyclic soft tissue injury;
- Recognize healing crisis vs pathologies;
- Understand duration and frequency of treatments for medical massage;
- Explain post treatment care and follow up care;
- Learn, practice and experience a thorough set of treatment methods and specific protocols to address conditions of the lower extremity.
This class is one of six classes that is required as core curriculum in our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Masters Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in a series of classes.
Days and Times
This class typically takes place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm.
This course offers 8 live, contact hour massage therapy continuing education credits.
Special Offer for Florida Therapists
This class is one of several classes that, when taken at a Florida location, are eligible for our Florida Therapist License Renewal Offer. Enroll in this class and you will receive an additional 12 hours of online home study which includes Florida Law, Ethics and Medical Errors, which are required for license renewal. All classes must be completed by August 31, 2019.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Boston, MA - May 9, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: La Quinta Inn & Suites Boston-Andover, 131 River Road, Andover, MA 01810, #888-312-2399.
Chicago, IL -May 9, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Comfort Inn O'Hare, 2175 E. Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60018, #847-635-1300
Dallas, TX - May 16, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location changed to Courtyard by Marriott, TownePlace Suites Grapevine, 2200 Bass Pro Court, Grapevine, TX 76051, #817-251-9095. *Limited space available. Online registration has been closed. Please call #954-596-1170 to enroll.
Philadelphia, PA -May 16, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport, 8600 Bartram Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19153, #215-966-1300.
Richmond, VA - May 23, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, 5996 Audubon Drive Sandston, VA 23150, #804-737-1600
Baltimore, MD - June 6, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: To Be Announced
Las Vegas, NV -June 11, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Friday from 8:30am-5pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: Flamingo Hotel & Resort, 3555 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, #702-733-3111. Room block: https://book.passkey.com/go/SFLMT1. A $12 per person, per day massage table fee has been included in the price of the tuition.
Atlanta, GA - July 11, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: To Be Announced