Day of the Back
The majority of medical massage patients pain complaints relate to the neck and back regions. In this continuing education class, we focus intensively and exclusively on the back. You will learn neuromuscular and myofascial techniques that our instructors use in their own pain clinics to achieve an incredible 90% rate of recovery! You will learn to effectively assess and treat:
- Pelvic Tilt
- Post-Op Back Surgery
- and much, much more!
In this class, students will:
- Review the chemical and mechanical processes of the pain mechanism of soft tissue injury;
- Be able to identify the systemic effects of injury;
- Recognize an erythemic response;
- Learn and practice techniques to reverse soft tissue injury;
- Recognize healing crisis vs pathologies;
- Understand the duration and frequency of treatments for medical massage;
- Explain post treatment care and follow up care;
- Learn indications and contraindications for using medical massage protocols to treat conditions of the spine and know when and when not to utilize learned techniques.
- Learn, practice and experience multiple treatment protocols relating to the back.
This class is one of six classes that is required to earn your Certificate of Completion of our Medical Massage Practitioner Program. This class is part of our Professional Level Series. Discounted pricing is available when enrolling in a series or the entire program.
Days and Times
This class typically takes place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm.
This course offers 8 live, supervised, contact hour massage therapy continuing education hours.
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Chicago, IL - April 18, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Comfort Inn O'Hare, 2175 E. Touhy Avenue, Des Plaines, IL 60018, #847-635-1300
Dallas, TX - April 18, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location changed to Courtyard by Marriott, TownePlace Suites Grapevine, 2200 Bass Pro Court, Grapevine, TX 76051, #817-251-9095. *Limited space available. Online registration has been closed. Please call #954-596-1170 to enroll.
Philadelphia, PA - April 18, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Hampton Inn Philadelphia Airport, 8600 Bartram Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19153, #215-966-1300.
Richmond, VA - April 25, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: Homewood Suites Richmond Airport, 5996 Audubon Drive Sandston, VA 23150, #804-737-1600.
Baltimore, MD - May 2, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: To Be Announced
Atlanta, GA - June 6, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Sunday from 8:30am-5pm. Location: To Be Announced
Las Vegas, NV - June 7, 2021 This class is scheduled to take place on a Monday from 8:30am-5pm. Seminar and Room Block Location: Flamingo Hotel & Resort, 3555 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV, #702-733-3111. Room block: https://book.passkey.com/go/SFLMT1. A $12 per person, per day massage table fee has been included in the price of the tuition.