Aquatic bodywork is a form of passive healing work intended to achieve profound levels of relaxation and healing in the client. This takes in one-on-one sessions, where the client is continuously supported while being back-floated while the therapist gently cradles, moves, stretches and massages the receiver. The sessions take place in chest-deep body-temperature water.
This is a deeply relaxing treatment that has therapeutic benefits including increased mobility, stress relief, decreased pain levels and an overall state of well-being. The therapist will also benefit from the environment and the mindfulness of the service.
In this class:
- You will learn the science and history of aquatic bodywork and how it affects multiple levels of healing.
- You will understand the basics of water safety as it applies to an aquatic bodywork protocol.
- You will learn about the indications and contraindications of working with clients in an aquatic setting.
- You will learn various methods to support your clients while they are receiving this treatment.
- You will learn a basic full-body routine and be able to incorporate this service into your practice immediately.
- You will learn various treatment protocols so you will be able to help clients with specific conditions.
This is series is also offered as part of our Adventure Learning program at Pura Vida in Costa Rica where students will have access to a dedicated aquatic facility specifically suited to the needs of this class. This is part of an all-inclusive package. Please view the Costa Rica page to enroll.
This course offers 30 massage contact continuing education hours for NCBTMB and in the State of Florida.
See what our students are saying:
Please enroll early to ensure your place in class. Our class size limits are strictly enforced.
Massage Education Vacation Pura Vida in Costa Rica - September 4-11, 2021 This class is part of an all-inclusive education vacation package and may not be enrolled in outside of the package. Please call #954-596-1170 if you have any questions.